Thursday, May 20, 2010

Introduction To Strength Training Camp for Teenagers.

Strength training is one of the most beneficial, life-long activities for enhancing health, improving fitness, and building self-confidence. Unfortunately, few people receive adequate education, instruction, or supervision to safely derive the full benefit of strength training.

Teenage boys and girls, whether involved in sports or just looking for a life-long activity that can keep them fit, can benefit from learning how to strength train properly. My first exposure to strength training was when I was 15 years old and a sophmore in high school. I took a weight lifting PE class taught by one of the football coaches. I received no assessment, no basic instructions, or no direct supervision or critique of my technique. I enjoyed the process, but many friends developed unnecessary injuries. Over the last 18 years, I have learned a lot. I wish I knew then, what I know now. That is the reason I am offering an Introduction To Weight Lifting Camp for teenagers (age 12-18) this summer.



The campers will spend six, one-hour sessions learning: basic strength training principles, proper training techniques (for body-weight, barbell, dumbell, and kettlebell exercises), and learn how to put together a basic training program.


Introduction to Strength Training Camp for Teenagers (12-18 yrs)

June: 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 2010

1:00-2:00pm

$125.00 each

Max: 8 participants

At Cardinal Fitness in Carmel.

Deadline to sign-up is June 11, 2010

Contact me at hubbardtrainingsystems@yahoo.com or 317-308-9274 to sign-up.

No comments: