Sunday, July 5, 2009

Working on Vacation

In spite of being on vacation, I still managed to train myself and others. I joined my brother and his wife for a workout in their home gym in Georgia. They have a nice little set-up in their garage. After reviewing warm-up and corrective exercises, I reviewed some of the main kettlebell lifts. In the video I am perform Single-Arm Jerks with 32kg (70lbs). I emphasized to them that excellent technique takes a while to develop (although, you can develop pretty good technique with only one or two workouts). I also pointed out that your technique will change with the weight of the kettlebell and fatigue. With consistent training, though, you will develop the strength and conditioning you need to significantly increase your work capacity- that is use a heavier kettlebell and keep very good technique for a longer period of time.


No comments: