Sunday, December 7, 2008

Push-Up Challenge Results

The Challenge for November was to improve our push-up strength. I initially assessed clients the first week of November. Since we were assessing strength, we used 12 levels of increasing difficulty:

Ranking Scale: Level
1. 2-hand, 30" elevated
2. " , 24" "
3. " , 18" "
4. " , 12" "
5. " , 6" "
6. " , on floor
7. 1-hand, 30" elevated
8. " , 24" "
9. " , 18" "
10. " , 12" "
11. " , 6" "
12. " , on floor

Here are the initial rankings:
Client Level:

Michele B. 5
Julie S. 4
Al L. 6
Linda G. 5
Liz H. 7
Sheri K. 3
Sharon E. 4
Clay I. 8
Lynne I. 6
Christy J. 2
Stan K. 4
Jen C. 7
Claudia S. 4
Jim B. 4
Julie M. 8
Stephanie 7
Linda S. 6
Jon H. 6
Dan H. 10
We trained to improve strength 2-3 days per week. I challenged everyone, including myself, to improve by two levels (a significant increase for four weeks).

I reassessed everyone this past week. Here are the results, ranked by level of improvement.

One Level of Improvement (initial level, final level):
Me, (10 to 11)
Michele B. (5 to 6)
Julie M. (8 to 9)
Jen C. (7 to 8)
Linda G. (5 to 6)
Liz H. (7 to 8)
Jon H. (6 to 7)
Lynne I. (6 to 7)
Clay I. (8 to 9)
Sheri K.(3 to 4)
Linda S. (6 to 7)

Two Levels of Improvement (initial level, final level):

Claudia (4 to 6)
Julie S. (4 to 6)
Sharon E. (4 to 6)
Christy J. (2 to 4)
Stan K. (4 to 6)

Congratulations to everyone! It is great to be able to see an objective improvement in every one's strength. It was also very cool to see four people perform a good push-up on the floor for the first time in their lives! I am sorry to say that I was not able to perform one single-arm push-up on the floor...yet. I will get there in the near future.

December's Challenge has started, the three-minute kettlebell snatch test. I will have more posted on this later this week.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Congratulations everyone, great work:) Liz

Anonymous said...

Slar says - Tried some 2-handed push-ups on the floor tonight...first time assessing for the challenge. What a difference!