Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What I am Reading




Great book about how stress affects your biology and health. The author, Robert Sapolsky, does a great job of compiling a ton of science into a very readable and entertaining book. I will post some good info from this book in the future. Such as, the immune system is actually enhanced with short-term stressors (30 minutes of exercise), but suppressed with longer stressors (marathon running).








Most strength training books you find at Borders or Barnes and Noble are pretty bad. They are geared to the beginner and I don't agree with some their philosophies or techniques. Muscle Logic is one of the few I enjoyed and read in one evening at Borders. It is written by Charles Staley, who is very knowledgeable on the subject of strength training and his philosophy and training techniques parallel mine. I was very interested in his Escalating Density Training system. I have incorporated some of his ideas into my training programs.

No comments: