Friday, February 24, 2012

The Return of Food Rules Live!

Proper nutrition is important to achieve your health, fitness, and body composition goals. For those of you who have followed me for a while, you probably know my philosophy on nutrition. If not, here it is in a nutshell:

• Nutrition, biochemistry, physiology, and genetics are extremely complex. Eating, though should be a little simpler.

• I believe in educating people, not selling them a supplement.

•Your nutrition doesn't have to be perfect, but pretty good.

•Whole, unprocessed, local foods are the best.

•Yes, food manufacturers lie.

•I don't put people on diets. I am not a dietician.

•I feel people need a "nutrition framework" to guide them to making better choices.

•The most important variables for long-term successs are motivation and a strong sense of self efficacy.

A couple years ago I developed my five Food Rules and published them here on my blog to help clients with their nutrition. These simple principles help guide clients to make better decisions with their food choices. Thus, resulting in a more nutrient-dense diet, lower energy intake, and still a feeling of satiation. While many clients have applied these rules and seen great success, others needed more. The two things that most people lacked were basic knowledge about human physiology, and motivation/support.

In order to make the Food Rules more effective, last year, I started regular meetings to address the education and motivation issues people were having. These meetings were called Food Rules Live (FRL). They lasted for only a few months, as scheduling and an lack of an adequate facility where issues. However, after many discussions and the huge increase in clients in the last four months, I have decided to bring back the FRL meetings.

The bi-monthly meetings will focus on education, support, and application. The cost is $10 per person. The first meeting will be Saturday, March 3rd at 11:00am-12:00pm.






No comments: