Most of my clients have been working on the Spring Break-Out training program. Included in this program is the 3:00 kettlebell snatch challenge; my scaled back version of the 10:00 Secret Service Snatch Test. Over the last six weeks, clients have been refining their technique and building the strength and endurance they need to compete in this challenge. The challenge is to snatch (lift) an appropriate sized kettlebell for as many reps as possible in 3:00 (as Bruce is doing in the video below).
My 3:00 Kettlebell Snatch Challenge rules:
- Choose any size kettlebell that they feel comfortable with (8, 10, 12, 14,16, 18, 20, or 22kg).
- Your score is the total weight (kg) lifted in 3:00 (weight x reps).
- You start with your non-dominant arm and switch to your dominant arm once, at 1:30.
- The kettlebell must move through a full range of motion (from between your knees to above your head with the arm at or behind your ear).
- Chalk and gloves are permissible.
Level 1: Men 500 kg, Women 400 kg
Level 2: Men 750 kg, Women 550 kg
Level 3: Men 1000 kg, Women 700 kg
Level 4: Men 1250 kg, Women 850 kg
Level 5: Men 1500 kg, Women 1000 kg